How would I begin?
Visit the British American Football Association (BAFA) site, or to discover a club close you look at this intelligent guide highlighting all the BAFA-partnered clubs in the UK.
What is American football?
American football is a physical game which resembles a chess coordinate with shoulder braces – the key component is similarly as critical as the physical abilities. The principles and guidelines can sound entangled yet are effectively clarified on the ‘how to play the amusement’ area of the BAFA site. Nonetheless, the fundamental principles are:
- There are 11 players from each group on field and recreations are played in four 15 minute quarters.
- The reason for existing is to move the ball towards, and at last into, the restriction’s end zone to score a touchdown.
- This is accomplished by either running with the ball until handled, or tossing the ball downfield to a colleague.
Is it for me?
American football is a diversion for all shapes and sizes, with overwhelming manufactured blockers including in a similar group as expedient pass catchers. Groups are additionally known for inviting new individuals, particularly novices, and for structure fellowships and associating off the field.
What’s in store when I begin?
- American football isn’t a costly game to get engaged with and nearby clubs can help with hardware.
- You can improve aptitudes of different kinds, from physical strategy and continuance to correspondence and diagnostic abilities.
- American football can be played at grown-up, college and junior dimensions. what’s more, is available to the two people.
- Banner football is the non-contact rendition of the diversion, where handles are made by pulling off a banner worn at the players’ midriff.